Long Distance Relationships… We are both BIG fans of LDR.
– We are “busy”!
– convenience: This might seem a little harsh, but it’s the truth. When you need/want your significant other they are a phone call, email, or Skype session away. However, Friday night drinks with the girls? Offered last minute concert ticket? Weekend get away? Not a problem. There is no one waiting at home for you, or sad that there is only one ticket, or annoyed that you’re gone all weekend.
– we’re girls… we like to “communicate” aka in a LDR you are forced to express your feelings verbally and apparently that is a love language. (Our love language?)
– there is always something to look forward to aka the next time you will get to see the person. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.
– INDEPENDENCE! We are used to being independent… on our own. LDR is a smooth transition into a relationship. Both parties get to continue living their every day lives.
– selfishness: We attempted to hide this within independence, but when it comes down to it, we’re selfish. We like us! No shame. When you’re in an in person relationship your time table is no longer your time table. You are constantly having to consult with your significant other about… everything! (Disclaimer: it’s not that we don’t want to do that… we get it’s a “joy” of being in a relationship, but when you’re in an LDR it’s not the same.)
– romance: The fact that you do not get to see each other on a regular basis forces each of you to be more “romantic.” For example: sending flowers, posting lyrics that remind you of each other, sending memes, snail mail…
– almost all of the time you spend together is in a heightened emotional state, and not exactly real life. We all know relationships have a honeymoon period, it’s just not suppose to last years…
LDR: The best of both worlds!
All of this said, we acknowledge that they cannot last forever and eventually the LD part needs to come to an end. Unfortunately, the R in our LDR also seems to come to an end…